Being a new wife, I often feel like I have no idea what I’m doing. Luckily I’m not alone in the struggles I face, since there are so many others who have experienced struggles and taken the time to write out their experiences for the benefit of others. I’ve found many Christian authors to be extremely helpful in learning how to improve my marriage.
Here are some of my favorite Christian marriage quotes:
1. “I have known many happy marriages, but never a compatible one. The whole aim of marriage is to fight through and survive the instant when incompatibility becomes unquestionable.”
2. “Love without truth is sentimentality; it supports and affirms us but keeps us in denial about our flaws. Truth without love is harshness; it gives us information but in such a way that we cannot really hear it.” ―Timothy Keller (click to tweet)
3. “Only when marriage and family exist for God’s glory―and not to serve as replacement idols―are we able to truly love and be loved. Remember, neither your child nor your husband (or wife) should be who you worship, but instead who you worship with.” ―Mark Driscoll (click to tweet)
4. “Forgiveness is not a feeling; it is a commitment.” ―Gary Chapman (click to tweet)
5. “The happiness of married life depends upon making small sacrifices with readiness and cheerfulness.” ―John Selden (click to tweet)
6. “As God by creation made two of one, so again by marriage He made one of two.” ―Thomas Adam (click to tweet)
7. “There is no more lovely, friendly or charming relationship, communion or company, than a good marriage.” ―Martin Luther (click to tweet)
8. “Many marriages would be better if the husband and the wife clearly understood that they are on the same side.” ―Zig Ziglar (click to tweet)
9. “Wherever you find marital failure, you will find a breakdown in real communication. Wherever you find marital success, you will find a good communication system.” ―Wayne Mack (click to tweet)
10. “A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.” ―Ruth Bell Graham (click to tweet)
What is your favorite marriage quote, author, or book?
[ois skin=”Post Footer”]