Here are 25 things I wish I could tell my 20-year-old self…
- Take more pictures.
- Bagels may be labeled low fat but they actually make people fat.
- Go on crazy dates with your husband. You are YOUNG.
- Don’t keep buying cribs. All of your babies will sleep in your bed.
- When you hear the words “dot com,” buy 100 of them. Namely, bible.com
- The plane won’t crash.
- Say no to the minivan right up front. They last for years.
- Keep a daily journal.
- Your kids are going to be amazing, just don’t run them so ragged.
- Do you want to be right or happy? Stop arguing over silly things.
- Just buy the leather couch…twenty years from now you will still want it.
- Invent Crossfit and Zumba.
- Appreciate your parents. They get SO wise. And they are just people who are trying really hard.
- When Scott does nice things for you, take it as a great big bear hug.
- Anxiety attacks are just fake fear. There is no wolf behind you. So relax.
- Go straight to the horn rimmed glasses, those tiny frames will do you no favors.
- Walk each day. It will make you feel really great.
- Put those lovely children to bed a little earlier so you and Scott can have your own time at night.
- You are right about wanting a daughter for China…and she is so awesome.
- Look at your kids when they talk to you…especially after those dang smart phones get invented.
- Keep reading your Bible each night before bed. When you stopped, you struggled more in life.
- Give your friends lots of grace. They are doing their best.
- Read poetry and learn to drink red wine. Oops, that was two.
- Start saving now for your daughters’ weddings. (You will love your first son in law, by the way.)
- Expect less, be grateful for more. This will save you a lot of heart ache.
What would you tell your 20-year-old-self?
Subscribe to Nitty Gritty Love via email (May take a few seconds to load)